It is time to bid farewell to Back-to-School 2012. As always, I want to send out a big thank you to our wonderful employees and customers. Whether you shopped early in the season during our June Sale or waited until the last day before school, we hope that your experience with Parker was a positive one. We work 365 days a year to make the months of June, July and August run as smoothly as possible. I also want to thank everyone who either completed an online Customer Survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RG9LC5C) or posted a comment on Facebook. We love to hear all of your feedback – good and bad. It is always our goal to improve our clothing, our stores, and our processes, and we cannot do that without feedback from our very important customers. And remember, shoppers who complete our online survey receive a coupon good for 15% off one item.
Before we officially bid goodbye to the current year, I’d like to take a moment to review some of our recent accomplishments and talk about a few of our current goals:
Things to Brag About
- Back-to-school 2012 was one of our best, both in terms of satisfied customers and in stock merchandise. I am happy to report that back orders decreased for a second year in a row, down 20% compared to 2011.
- An ever-increasing number of our customers shopped early and saved during our annual June sale. This year, our June shoppers saved over $330,000 company-wide.
- Over the past two years, Parker has rolled out stylish and functional updates to some of our best-selling merchandise including our new oxfords, polos, Boys pants, micro fleece jackets, super soft acrylic sweaters and socks with our Comfort Toe technology.
Our To Do List
- It is our promise to you that we will continue to update and improve our corporate technology to make the shopping experience even easier for our customers. In the next year, we hope to offer a Parker app for your smart phones.
- Thanks to important new hires in our design department (http://blog.parkersu.com/2012/09/24/the-dog-blog-zoe-interviews-lucia-boss/), we will be reviewing all of our designs to ensure that they have the fit and feel that our customers expect.
- We will continue to listen to our customers! We love to say that we are an upside down company — our customers are at the top telling us what they need and we are at the bottom making it all happen. Please call, post, praise or complain!
I wish you all a wonderful 2012/2013 school year. We’ll be here in Houston working away at next year so that we have plenty to brag about come next September. Best Wishes!
Troy Pike, CEO